In 1931, Dr. Roy E. Mitchell and Dr. E.C. Murphy had a dream to preserve the Chippewa Valley's strong logging camp history - and the important part it played in our area's settlement.
With white pine donated by Dr. Mitchell's farm and the help of workers from the city of Eau Claire, the camp's first log cabins were raised.
PAUL BUNYAN LOGGING CAMP TIMELINE
- 1934 - Grand opening
- 1936 - The Camp was presented to the city
- 1939 - The tool shed was added
- 1947 - The blacksmith shop was developed
- 1982 - The heavy equipment shed was added
- 1985 - The entire camp was moved several hundred yards to its present location
- 1987 - The Interpretive Center was built
- 1996 - The Tall Tales Room was added
- 1999 - The Big Cut Room was created
- 2005 - The rest rooms, office, and gift shop are enlarged and renovated.
You'll always find new developments going on at Paul Bunyan Logging Camp Museum! Be on the lookout for a lumber baron display, a revitalized equipment shed, and a WPA/CCC exhibit in our interpretive center.
Schedule a Tour